A Little French Bistro

This poor baby was left in the weather too long and was so upset it started to split. It needed to be completely sanded down to the wood. I then wood patched the rotted areas and sanded.
SK Sartell's Bistro Table









SK Sartell's Bistro TableSK Sartell's Bistro Table  SK Sartell's Bistro Table

My first coat of paint was a very durable outdoor enamel paint in deep
chocolate.

I  used a crackle medium on the dried surface and let that dry as well. My next coat of paint was an old cream. As that started to crackle I started on the seats.

SK Sartell's Bistro Table
After the crackled top coat dried I glazed it with a watered down chocolate and then wiped off. Leaving just enough color to show the cracks. When this coat was dry I dry brushed white chalk for a little more dimension. Then I wiped it off. This step just give the piece an aged, chalky look.

SK Sartell's Bistro Table
 After these coats were completely dry I used a stencil and troweled on a coat of Durhams Hardrock Putty. This gives me the three dimensional designs.

I let this dry overnight. When it was completely dry I used my chocolate paint and washed the graphics. This product dries very fast and absorbs color.
SK Sartell's Bistro Table
SK's Crackled, Embossed Bistro table
 I love this cracked leather look.
SK Sartell's Bistro Table
SK's Crackled and Copper Patina Bistro Table 
SK Sartell's Bistro Table







After the coat of chocolate wash was dry, I started to lightly add copper effects paint from Modern Masters to the designs. I then used the same copper paint on the edge of the table and the designs on the seats. I painted the iron legs with Rustoleum spray paint in scarlet. 





I finished the whole set off with three coats of marine grade spar varnish.

 It's tough to NOT think outside the box. I always failed coloring class because I wouldn't stay in the lines. Oh Well. Such is life.
Thanks for visiting.
http://www.sksartell.com
http://www.woodfrosting.com
sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK