And Add a Bit Of Sauce...


OK I may have been a little to quick to say I needed to stop whining... Remember the sad whiny tone of yesterday? "Sometimes a day just seems hard. That's it. There are days just harder than others. You start by critiquing yourself in the mirror, then burn the toast, didn't sleep well, someone leaves stinky socks on the chair."  Yadda, Yadda, Yadda.

Ya I remember now, because the day didn't stop till five-thirty this morning. Awake from 11:00 PM till 5:30 AM when hubby gets up for work. I have no idea why I am awake, just one of those sleepless nights I guess. Mind quietly spinning.

I slip into a light slumber and awoke screaming at being doused with cold water. I hop outta bed discovering the cute little claw foot tub in my room was exploding, water fountaining to the ceiling, which proceeded to shower back down on me as I am innocently minding my own business.

Well my arms are only Soooo long and the shutoff valve to the tub is back and under the tub just out of my reach. I'm in my skivvies lying in a puddle of water (sound familiar?) trying to reach with my fingertips.  So close. Maybe if I try to get more of me under the tub I can reach it? Yep...Ah, Nope. Scrunch further SK. By now the entire half of the bedroom is flooded. Custom rugs, seating and half of the bed and mattress.

I suck it in and scrunch farther under the tub and finally am able to shut off a valve. The water didn't stop. What the heck? I had turned the wrong valve off. So back under the tub I go and finally turn the correct valve off.

Remember the discolored towels of yesterday? Well here we go again. I'm running around  every bath gathering up all the guests towels to mop up a swimming bedroom.  Pulling carpet back as I stand dripping, covered in goose bumps with the air conditioner now short-circuited.


I'm so beyond done at this point. I get new warm undies on and slip back into bed and as I'm finally falling back asleep, my darling daughter Summer calls all cheerful and chipper...How rude. She just laughs at the thought of me running around dripping wet trying to find enough dry towels to dry a herd of elephants.

So there we are. Broke fridge, washer clunking and my bed floating on its very own island. Happy anniversary dear.

"let's go to Portland mom." Really? Are you serious? "Ah come on mom just let it go for the day. It'll be there when ya get back."   So off to Portland for a day of searching for chair fabrics. Which was actually fun. These are the chairs I am going to recover.  And the fabrics. NOW I actually have to do the work. What was I thinking. Oh that's right, I wasn't.















Summer continues on with her cheerful "And I have all the stuff to teach you how to make homemade tamales." Ya just gotta love these odd moments. I would have rather just crawled back in my now wet bed.
Onward and upward tamales we come. I'm following directions as given to me by an intelligent human being.(or so I thought) spooning the cooked red hot peppers, garlic and chicken broth into my blender, put the lid on tight and turn it on low.

You all know what happens next. The ceiling, the walls, me are now covered in this wonderful hot saucy sauce. Oh and remember the weird colored towels  from yesterday? They now have an added tomato sauce flavoring.

Summer is laughing so hard she has to sit down on the floor. Both dogs come zooming in from the back door, skid to a stop and start licking the sauce off the cabinets, me, the doors and the floor.

But guess what?

I now have the fabric to cover two chairs and  have at lest two hundred tamales. They are wonderful. The recipe comes from Darcy with Summer making it actually happen.. So who knows if I actually got it right. Hopefully she will add the recipe for you. I'm simply too exhausted at this point. They really are amazing.
 But sure tastes good  and after the last couple of days,  my moms saying comes back to me in spades. "Stop crying in your soup. It does no good and ruins good soup."

I really, really must remember what is important in life. And keep on laughing to boot! Thanks Summer and Darcy.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I'm sure you didn't think so at the time...neither would have I if it had been me.
    Anyway, great blog. I will check back often. I found you on blogfrog through a discussion on following.
    I'm new to blogfrog and new to blogging in general. I hope you drop by for a visit at http://my2centswithagrainofsalt.blogspot.com/
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking in on me. I need the encouragment. It's great knowing I', not the only one out there with a crazy life.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK