SK's Orange Chicken

Good Morning!I have been asked to post my Orange Chicken recipe. Yum. We use this recipe constantly because it's easy and fast and served it comes off as being a fancy dinner.

I buy my chicken breast without skins or bones. You can buy it by the bag at Costco, as if you didn't know.  These breasts are considered half a breast. One is plenty per person.

Thaw the chicken overnight in the refrigerator. Don't try to "fast" thaw chicken. In my opinion it changes texture when it has been thawed to quickly, by water or microwave. The meat seems to be drier.

I place plastic wrap on my counter top. Place a half chicken breast with the sinew down. In other words place the smooth side up. Place another piece of plastic wrap over the chicken and using a meat tenderizer, use the smooth side to pound the chicken into a thin layer. I use Ziplock bags as an easy and less messy alternative. Continue to the next piece. I place my pounded pieces of chicken in the refrigerator until I'm done pounding all the pieces.

With a piece of plastic wrap on the counter, I begin to make the chicken rolls. With the sinew side up, I place a thin piece of ham on the chicken,(sandwich ham works great) then add a slice of Swiss cheese. Sprinkle in a few bits of freshly chopped parsley for color. Fold the ends of the chicken in and then roll the sides over one another. Pin together with a toothpick or skewer. Your trying to seal the rolled chicken. Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't. It makes a nice roll.

For six breasts, I use a square glass baking dish. 350 Degree Oven

SAUCE FOR SIX BREASTS:
1 large can of frozen concentrated orange juice,
1 Stick non-salted butter
½ C Cream (Optional)
A small pinch of red pepper flakes (Optional)

In a small sauce pan melt the frozen orange juice and butter together. Stir in the cream and pepper flakes. heat through, do not boil.

Using ½ of the sauce, pour over your stuffed and rolled chicken breasts. Save the remainder ½ of your sauce for later. Place a small piece of Swiss cheese on each individual rolled breast. Cover with tin foil for first 40 minutes. Uncover for the remainder of time till done. Bake for just under 1 hour.

Presentation: The tops of the chicken rolls should be golden brown and bubbly. I use a pretty platter to place all my rolled chicken breasts on. Drizzle on a portion of your saved orange sauce. Then serve the remainder of the sauce in a gravy boat. Small new red potatoes, cooked in salted water with parsley and lemon make a great side dish. Put fresh parsley and your little red potatoes around the chicken and serve hot.

Smile, take care and invent something new today! 


See You Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK