I Heart You with SK

Nothing touches like a well deserved love.

Even though this is what it looks like from my bedroom window,  and now all my Christmas yearnings are past and the New Year is here, I have to think of Valentines. Noooooooooooo.

Yep. Here I go.
I've never been a pallet connoisseur. They just have too many splinters for these delicate little flower hands of mine...

I have seen some very amazing and talented works done from free wood pallets. So I thought I would try my hand at a few freebie loves.

I painted each separate board a different valentine color and let them dry. I used a poly to preserve the old wood.
I laid the pieces next to each other and screwed a backer board across the back in two places. This secured the wood boards together.
I also cut a few plywood scraps to cover the entire back of some to see the difference in durability. The plywood works best. I used wood glue and screws to attach the pieces to the plywood.

I then made several size heart paper templates and cut my hearts out with a jigsaw.
When they were all finished, I sanded the edges back deeply. I love the old look.

These were fun to play with. Yea. You go pallet girl...

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK