SK's Tissue Paper & Copper Walls

I love small interesting spaces. So when I designed this 4'x5' guest bath I had some decisions to make. It had very tall ceilings and light pine floors so I could do just about anything I wanted color wise. But I also wanted an interesting texture on the walls.

This a fun but messy project.
I used glaze instead of mod podge. I painted the room a dark green, let it dry. I then rolled on a small portion of wall with heavy glaze. I then started to "mush" tissue paper into the wet glaze, making it wrinkly.
I used copper plumbing pipe to make an interesting statement under the sink. I just carefully curled the copper pipe before attaching to the sink and wall plumbing. Plumbers told me this couldn't be done. Really?
Ta Da! It's amazing the things people tell us we can't do. Just let us at it and amazing things happen.

When the entire rooms tissue and glaze was dry, I sponge painted "wet-on-wet" with four different greens. When this coat was dry I added a copper stencil of an oak leaf. When dry, I sealed it with a satin coat of poly.




One thing you might note, is how committed you are to this texture? You can always repaint, but the texture would take a huge effort to get off.

The cabinet was built from old, old wood. I put leftover copper backsplash on the back so it shows through the slates. I cut a hole in the top and dropped an old found sink into her. I kiddy-cornered the whole cabinet so the bath door would open.

Thanks for visiting. sk
http://www.sksartell.com
SK's Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Friends, love to hear your thoughts.
SK